Friday, July 29, 2011

Fired Up for some Challenges!

First I gotta toot my own horn... I did my Fire 55EZ...and I worked especially hard at putting more power into my jumps and not pausing to take mini-breaks. Yes, I do that sometimes. Shame, shame on me!

Now, I have so many awesome challenges going on! I've decided to start working out after school with some peeps to hold each other accountable and not just go home and plop our hides down on the couch.

I've got a 30-Day Wellness Challenge I'm participating in. Oh, I love winning prizes and hope to win one, but even more than that, I hope that I can make some positive habits form over the next 30 days.

And I have a Turbo Fire group I've joined! And the most exciting of all: Beachbody Challenge!!! Yep, it is that time! I'll be posting lots of good info on that Sunday, so check it out! I would be cool with my fluffy self being up on a billboard if I had a rockin' "after" pic and some dinero in my pocket! Bring it on!

So why all the excitement about these challenges??? They...

1. Us the "buddy system" to help us be accountable to others. It is much more motivating when you know others are looking to you to step up and get on with it! Having others to chat with, share issues with, work out together, and motivate one another is soooo important! Find a friend!

2. Prizes! As if getting in shape and feeling fantabulous isn't enough, the truth is we like winning stuff! Who doesn't? Many challenges use prizes (money or even tiny things, like a t-shirt) to help motivate folks to get off their duffs. It works for me! I may not win money in the BB Challenge, but I will get a blingin' wristband and a t-shirt. I'm cool with that!

There are so many other reasons why you should look to others and join in on challenges, whether they are through social networks, work, or just with your group of friends. Get motivated, share, learn, experience and find success with each other...together! Brilliant! Look for more on challenges and contests to help you get fit and feeling fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment