Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cleanse Crazy!

So here is the deal, peeps. I screwed up my first attempt at the Shakeology 3-Day cleanse. I have since found out, after beating myself up over it, that this happens to a lot of people. Things like this take commitment and take some serious resistance to our old habits. But no sense falling off a horse and walking away forever...just get back on!

I ate a lot of junk on Sunday with my family, and Monday, when I started my cleanse again, I paid for it. I fell off that horse again...only for a day. Yesterday, I hopped back on and cruised through the day without breaking "the rules" or cheating on the plan! No tummy problems, no hunger, no fatigue... I felt high energy and just great in general. I'm considering that DAY 1 due to the Monday snafu.

Today is DAY 2 of the cleanse. I'm feeling positive and determined to make this work. I have some friends who are doing it too, and the "buddy system" really helps! I can't wait to get back to you with the results! Off to my beloved blender and bag of Shakeology!

UPDATE: I went out of town yesterday and ended up at Subway...where I enjoyed Oven-Roasted Chicken with tons of veggies. And the bread. So I messed up a bit there. Even so, that is ok. Then an upsetting event happened (lets just say I got puffy-eyed big time), and I did a bad, bad thing. I told myself I didn't care. I told myself it didn't matter. I told myself I deserved happiness in a Sonic bag. Only problem is... happiness doesn't come in a Sonic bag, folks. And I knew that!

I won't dwell on my eating catastrophe, but, rather, I will point out a positive... I didn't eat it all. I threw out half of the cream slush. I ate only 2/3 of the Chicago dog. I gingerly ate only 1/2 of the tots. The old me would have woofed it all down. I didn't. And that is still important because it shows I have grown some. I am making progress. Sometimes that is what we need to do. Look at positives even within the negatives. There is always, always something...even if it is small.

No comments:

Post a Comment