Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I've Been Doing Laps in My Head

Yes, you read that title correctly. I have been doing laps in my head, endless circles with flawless crossovers. I must admit that at 2 a.m. counting sheep would probably be more effective (because this has certainly not been), but with my roller derby assessments here, the desire of completing 25 laps in 5 minutes is great. I'm also scared that I can't get anywhere close! Yikes!

The pressure of wanting to pass and worrying that I cannot just really sucks. I'm hoping to sneak into the Roller Plex and have my daughter time my laps before my assessment so I go into it knowing my general ability. Nothing would be worse than me crying on the cold concrete rink in the fetal position...when I'm not even injured.

Onto another challenge I hope I'm ready to face... I've decided, after pouring myself into a school improvement mission based on hours and hours of my own research, to go a step further and begin grad school. I could, ideally, complete my master's degree in Ed Leadership in about 2 years. Honestly, the only thing scary about this is the thought of more student loans! (I could be counting those in an attempt to sleep. Suddenly counting laps doesn't seem so bad!)

On another note, I'm realizing that my summer is fading too quickly. I've spent too much time watching Glee and doing logic puzzles, both of which are addicting in their own weird ways. I've been generally lazy. Summers off may be ideal for relishing your ability to relax, but I'm feeling a bit of panic as I have been a little too lazy! Crap! I've got to start doing MORE with my days!

After just one more episode of Glee... Just one more...




No comments:

Post a Comment