Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here Comes the Bride (up the courthouse steps)

Bet that title got your attention, right? Don't go getting yourself in a tizzy thinking it's time to throw down wedding cake and wondering how many calories will be in it. Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be a wedding. Heck, there hasn't been a proposal. And there may not be. It might just be "hey, let's get married next week." :)

Anyhoo, I went through the thoughts of dresses, flowers, cake, blah blah blah. I'm a girl. That's what we do. I'm not talking about going overboard with expensive, fancy invitations or anything. I was thinking simple but nice. But really... is that necessary? Not like this is the first and only time for marriage for either of us. And it will be special no matter what because it is finally right for us both. And that is as special as anything can get!

I have a plan though. It is to trot up the courthouse steps with my best friend, Joe, and get married. It isn't about papers, guests, color coordinating, or whatever. It's about making that final committment to each other and with our Lord's blessing. Our friends, few that we have, do mean something, and family is very important too, so I'm thinking that maybe a month after the "big day"--whenever that may be-- we could have a reception/party. Again, simple and fun. Just a celebration of life and love.

Sound good? Guess I had better run this by Joe, huh? lol. Just sharing some thoughts with my readers. All 2 of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment