Friday, June 8, 2012

Bite Me, Thursday!

I have dear friend...Lose It! This little app is such a pal, helping me track the good, bad and ugly. Yesterday was mix of all 3 of these nasty little adjectives. I'll share with you the details. Unfortunately, I can't do a screen shot with my Droid, so you really have to visualize here. And...why does it feel like I'm standing in the middle of a room full of strangers in a swimsuit? Hmmm...

Thursday June 7, 2012 Calorie Budget of 1,551

1,416 (consumed)-147 (burned)= 1,269

Breakfast: 
morning sugar free cappucino with half and half (bad)
quaker oats with cinnamon (good)

Snack: 
Greek yogurt (good)

Lunch: 
1 organic cheese enchilada (good)
handful of baby tomatoes (good)

Snack:
spinach/pineapple smoothie with almond milk and chia seed (good)

Dinner:
2 corn tortillas (bad?)
grilled chicken (good)
bell pepper and onions (good)
cilantro lime light sour cream (not sure)

Snack:
1.5 T natural peanut butter (can be both good and bad)

And...the ugly. Half of a red velvet cupcake. BUT I did just eat half! And boy, did I take my time! I call it "making loving" to my food lol. Kind of a silly joke around the house. When it comes to desserts, which I LOVE, I eat them slowly, savoring each sweet bite. My husband...he does something else with his. Let's just say he can eat a whole cupcake in a minute. ;)

My goals yesterday were to eat smaller portions and spread them out over the day so that I have 3 small snacks and 3 "regular meals." I tried to balance it, but there is a lot of improvement. Below is a picture of the breakdown of nutrition. I record food-related things on a white board that hangs on the pantry door. 

In the top pic, you can see what my basic goals were. The grams are off a bit. I'm trying to really figure out what the balance really is. In the bottom pic, I've documented my breakdown. Blue indicates that I was in the range I was aiming for. I put it in red if it was not where I wanted it to be. Obviously, I need less fat and more protein. That's my goal today!


No comments:

Post a Comment