Sunday, January 9, 2011

PointsPlus...a Delicious Change

I am still a fan of Weight Watchers...and I'm loving the new PointsPlus program! I knew I could handle it when most fruits and veggies are FREE (zero points, in other words). I do love some fruit and veggies! The problem for me, in the past, was that rather than make smart, healthy choices and use my points on those fruits and veggies, I would save my points to eat chocolate or something sweet. I still lost weight but wasn't gaining much in the health department.

I have spent the past few weeks losing over four pounds and gaining a nice "fat arsenal" of healthy and new recipes and ideas! It has been quite fun finding new and creative ways to eat and enjoy healthier items. Let's see...I've made butternut squash soup, turkey meatloaf, lightened smashed red potatoes, unique omelets with things like spinach and feta, breakfast couscous with cinnamon and pears, and baked bananas for dessert. Mmmm....

I continue to search for healthy recipes and alternatives. Another idea I'm anxious to try is a Crystal Light smoothie. Basically you blend water, frozen strawberries and banana with a crystal light packet. I'm thinking that strawberries, mandarin oranges and the lemon berry might be good together. So many ideas and such a small, shrinking tummy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment